Picking Up

6.19.2012

Well hey! It's been over a year, but what the heck - I want to blog again. Anyone still around here?

We just celebrated our second anniversary and what can I say...I'm happy! 



Also, I blame that happiness on the 26 pounds I've gained since being married. RIDIC, right? Yep. That is why, my dear friends, I have joined SlimGenics. Even when we got married...26 pounds ago...I was overweight. So it's time to nip this in the bud and get healthy and stop gaining 13 pounds every year, mmmk?


SlimGenics is a pretty normal sounding program. The only pre-packaged foods to eat are snacks that are created to up your metabolism and thermogenically help you lose weight. Otherwise, it's all about learning portion control and what types of foods and the amount of them you should eat each day. I really just think of it as a game. I have this many fruits, veggies, starches, etc....how can I make that work into the puzzle that is my day? I started one week ago and have lost 4.25 pounds so far. I don't mind the foods I'm eating - I just don't like vegetables enough to eat 4 servings of them. 


Things I miss eating the most...

  • pizza
  • tortilla chips
  • popcorn
  • nuts
  • beer
  • bread (particularly bagels and dinner rolls)
  • french fries
Alas, I just gotta keep on keeping on! Here's to another day of smart eating choices!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Almost Her. Design by Pocket