Pretty, Pretty Paper

11.15.2010

Creating an invite that really set the tone but was totally us was really important to us. Since my darling Nick is a graphic designer, naturally we originally thought he'd do all of our paper products. But then we decided that it was tough for both him and I to work through the creative process together so we decided that we would give someone else a shot at designing our invitations. Randomly - we found out that one of Nick's old co-workers started her own wedding invitation business, so we decided to meet with her about a design for us. Everything was going fine for awhile, then she went a little crazy and then I had to try really hard to get us out of the "relationship." Luckily, we got away from her and decided to do it all ourselves. And I'm so glad we did.

Nick ran with my ideas and we came up with some sweet invites that I was in love with. Nick designed them at home, we got them printed at a local print shop and we got tons of compliments on them! I was really upset that I didn't have the budget for calligraphy for the envelopes - so I had to make due without them. I decided after many conversations with myself about etiquette to print the addresses on the envelope with our home printer. I found a pretty, formal, cursivey font to do them in and used some pretty black lined envelopes. My friends said they thought they were pretty and weren't upset they weren't hand-written and I trust them! :)

I'm so glad we put as much personal work into our planning as we did - it makes the day and rewards of a great invite so much sweeter.

Enjoy! :)




1 comments:

Nicole-Lynn said...

Hope you're doing well! I haen't heard anything from you in a while. HOpe you're enjoying being married and your little one! :)

I wanted to let you know I changed my blog name,

http://www.thebeverlyfam.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

 
Almost Her. Design by Pocket