here's a general summary of what's been going on....
- So a few days ago I had another hysterical moment where I got upset about how we're not engaged yet. I pointed out all the things he should've never said (about getting engaged in April, or how it'd only be a few months from when we first looked at rings in Feb, or how a short dating period and engagement would be fine since both our brothers and SILs did that, etc, etc, etc) and I cried. Basically, the dilemna was that the guy where we found the awesome ring for the awesome price would never return DB's emails or phone calls. And it's quite a drive to just go there and happen to see him or not. So that was dissappointing. Also, DB will be paying for the ring straight from the ole checking account and it was taking some time to build up the amount of the ring that I LOVED b/c I picked a pricey one (what a surprise, eh). That made me feel bad and we hashed it out and then the next day he offered to take me to look at rings again. WELL - I fell in love with a new one that was like $500 cheaper than the orig. nice. So that's that. Now who knows when it'll happen!
- I'm so nervous. I just can't tell if it's going to be sooner or later. I'm always reading too much in to everything, wonder if it's the time or not. oye!
- my job is driving me crazy.
- We went to my home in Iowa for Easter, I have a birthmother's banquet to go to Friday and Mother's day (a hard one for me) is Sunday. He'll be out of town for business the first week of June, his 10 year h.s. reunion is at the beginning of June.
- My brother and SIL are pregnant with their third!!
- I've been doing Jillian's 30 Day Shred for the last week - not consistently every day though. ah, well - got to be better than nothing!
- I've been thinking about an engagement gift for him. What have you guys done if you have? When did you give it? Should I just have it on hand so that the day after he proposes I can present him with it? I'm really thinking a nice watch because he talks about getting a new, NICE watch all the time. Thoughts?
mmmk - back to work. :)

4 comments:
Mercury went into retrograde motion on 5/7--that always gets everyone in a tizzy. Hopefully you're feeling better and thing will get wrapped up soon!
I am in your exact situation as far as the engagement phase! We looked at rings in Feb and I am like, "hey homie, what's the hold up?" I don't want to be a THAT NAGGING girlfriend but I am running out of options and he is running out time!!! :0) Good luck with your situation!! I needed to vent!
Wait I am confused, you said you are not engaged but you are thinking of getting him an engagement gift? (VERY VERY CONFUSED)
Chaotic bliss - I just mean in preparation. No - we're not engaged yet! Because it's like if I'm going to give him a gift within days of the proposal - I better be prepared!
Post a Comment