Not this time

8.17.2009

Thanks, Nicole-Lynn for the "poke" to blog about this weekend and what did (or more like, what didn't!) happen!

No ring this weekened. I'm not sure how I feel about it but more just content than anything. I had basically worked myself up and convinced myself that it was going to happen this weekend. There were just too many weird signs that really made it made sense - but alas, it was just the world happening the way it does and it wasn't in the plans for this weekend.

Friday night we spent the night at his place just chilling and enjoying each other. Saturday, after breakfast and a couple errands he told me to pack a bag, put me in the car and drove me downtown. We had a picnic lunch at St Anthony falls and spent some time exploring the area - it's super cute and I had never spent more than a moment there so it was definitely enjoyable. Then we drove deeper downtown to the heart of Minneapolis and checked in to a hotel! This was really exciting to me because I've often told him how I love "staycations" - little getaways within your own city to explore and get to see new things. That's the great thing about the Twin Cities - you can live here for years and years and still find new places to see and things to do! So we checked in to our suite (!) and chilled out for a little while. We decided to go do some walking/shopping before dinner, so we headed to Nicollet Mall (a stretch of about 8 blocks with lots of different shops and malls in the skyways) - which was only a few blocks from the hotel. Then we had dinner reservations later (mmm...walleye!) and went back to our room. We exchanged gifts (I got a jewelry box!), popped a bottle of champagne that he had brought when room service showed up with champagne and breakfast buffet tickets (apparently, he had told the front desk that it was our anniversary, so they sent it up!) - so we drank some more champagne and then went around the corner to a cute restaurant for dessert - and then to one of my favorite bars for a beer before heading back. Sunday we had breakfast and then explored downtown a bit more at the Sculpture Gardens, the NE neighborhood and lunch downtown again.

It was SO much fun and I just loved it. I knew after dinner that there wasn't a proposal in the works and admitted it to DB. He felt bad and I told him it wasn't his fault, we talked a bit and he assured me that it wouldn't be much longer. I got over it pretty quickly and more just feel dumb that I had convinced myself it would happen!

My goal is to REALLY cut back on talking/thinking about it now because I know it really is immenent and I don't want to spend the next two months thinking it's going to happen every second. I want to enjoy it and experience it as it is supposed to happen.

Nonetheless, we had a great anniversary celebration and I am excited and more confident that my honey will be able to surprise me with a wonderful proposal when the time is right!

4 comments:

Nicole-Lynn said...

I couldn't agree with you more on the last couple paragraphs! Although it didn't happen for you this past weekend as you thought it would, and I know how dissapointing that can feel...whenever it does happen it will be in God's timing and when the time is right for both of you. I'm so glad you were still able to enjoy your special weekend celebrating your anniversary together!

Miss K said...

I wish I can say that I do agree with the last few paragraphs but I can't!! (I agree about God's timing but come on Jesus) (smiling) I think about being engaged a lot too (hence my blog) but how can you not think of it! Speaking anniversary- I am going to Chateau Elan this weekend and I BET MY LIFE--I COME BACK RINGLESS!! WE SHALL SEE...

Almost Her said...

Oooooohh...the Chateau Elan! Sounds very romantic and wonderful. HAVE FUN!

Mombi said...

Savor the anticipation!!!

Post a Comment

 
Almost Her. Design by Pocket