So next Tuesday is out one year anniversary. The first night that things really clicked with us on more than a friendship level was at this outdoor band concert we attended at Lake Harriet. That same concert is Monday night, which we’re going to. Then Tuesday DB supposedly has dinner plans and we’ll exchange gifts – NO idea what I’m getting him yet…yikes! And then that Saturday he told me to reserve for a special celebration.
We were supposed to go to Indianapolis this weekend for drum & bugle corps championships (we met in drum corps) which would’ve been awesome, but decided not to due to how expensive the trip would’ve been. So instead, he wants to do something special the Saturday after our anniversary to make up for it. Not sure what he’s thinking???
I just feel bad because I know he’s trying to hard to put every penny he can towards the ring, and here he is planning nice anniversary things. I hope whatever I end up gifting him makes up for it all and is just as special for him. I know the one thing he would say he wants is a new nice watch – but I’m waiting on that to give him after we get engaged as a sort of “engagement gift” – I know he’ll appreciate that since he worked so hard on the ring.
I’m trying to put all thoughts aside of a possible engagement during the anniversary activities…he’s alluded to the fact before that he won’t do it then and it’ll be it’s own special event. WE’LL SEE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Eee! So exciting :) I hope it happens for you soon! I'm on my tip toes wondering if mine will happen on our 8 year anniversary in September...
Post a Comment