A Bit of a Damper

12.11.2009

Well - it's happened to many before me and I've always wondered how it was done. But now I'll have to figure it out for myself....Nick got laid off yesterday. No severence, no nothing - just done.

We're in decent spirits as of now - I'm just channeling all the strength I have in order to pass some on to him and keep his head up. Hopefully unemployment comes through with some decent checks and he finds something (if not just freelance work) in a decent timeframe.

I'd be lying if I wasn't totally overwhelmed with selfish thoughts about the wedding. I'm trying really hard to not turn to those complaints because it's so incredibly selfish - I'm obviously more worried about other things being paid for before it. But I'm also scared that at some point...it's all going to come to a head and we're both going to realize "uh...WAIT a minute! we no longer can afford the wedding we once conceived of." I'm scared to even open up my budget spreadsheet and cut out the dollar amounts that we were expecting his paychecks to give towards the big day. Not to mention the fact that that employer had offered to pay for our honeymoon airfare...oye.

Nonetheless - I'm lucky to have an amazing man like him, and I'm going to give him all the love and support I can and we'll figure it out and get through it together. At least we have each other to lean on.

3 comments:

Nicole-Lynn said...

Oh sweetie, I am so sorry to hear that! I know everything will work out! Keep your head up and try to stay positive about everything....even though it's upsetting news. Be that rock for your fiance during this hard time. If you need anything or just someone to vent to I'm (we're all) here! :)

Cupcake Wedding said...

Wow. This is my worst fear. I'm so sorry. But it sounds like are being supportive, so don't be too hard on yourself. It's natural to be worried and/or disappointed.

Thank you for the STD stuff. I got some very nasty comments that left me very puzzled. Nice to know I am not that only one who thinks this stuff is annoying.

Shauna Younge Dessert Tables said...

What awful timing. I hope that a new opportunity comes along for him soon, because weddings are stressful enough without an unexpected financial burden.

Post a Comment

 
Almost Her. Design by Pocket