Lovlies - I'm so sorry that I've been such a bad blogger. It's amazing how quickly the days and weeks pass!
GOOD NEWS - the fiance got a job! He just took an offer the other day and although it's not the most ideal job in the world, he's happy with it and it will surely do for now. I can't believe how quickly (4 weeks) it happened and we're very excited about it!
The thing with this wedding planning thing is that it's crazy! :) You can't imagine what it's like until you're here and I have to remind myself on a daily basis to slow down, smile and enjoy it while it's happening. Nick and I will have a 7 month engagment since we got engaged on Oct 30th and are getting married on May 29th. When we announced the date, a lot of married women told me "Oh, good for you! A short engagement is best. I wish I would've done that instead of driving myself crazy for an extra 6-12 months" and on and on - so I was pleased. Short engagements are the rule in my family and a lot of it has to do with the strict religious background that I come from. So it just seemed natural - and I'm fine with it because I seriously wouldn't want to wait any longer to marry that man!
But honestly - I feel SO behind ALL of the time! Every day that passes that I didn't make headway on a wedding project/thought/something I feel so guilty about. It's quite annoying, really. I know that I shouldn't feel this way, it's just that I do. I'm a very type A personality and I have a thousand lists and a thousand notes made about everything wedding related. I feel an emense need to get as much stuff done as early as I can in order to make my life easier the closer I get to the wedding.
Anyway - I need to get back to my lists....:) Updates on specific parts of the wedding to come in the next few weeks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I'm SO happy for you that your fiance found a job! I am having a much longer engagement (16 months!) but I too feel anxious that I didn't get something done in time... just know you will get everything done and you just have to be patient and enjoy being engaged :) Looking forward to some updates and wedding posts soon! :)
Post a Comment