Let Them Eat Cake

1.20.2010

By far, the best part of planning a wedding is cake tastings!

I'm a serious cake lover in the first place and so to get to go to taste cake for free is absolutely my dream. :)

As with most things during my wedding planning, I made a spreadsheet of all of the cake vendors in the area that I came across in my blog reading, wedding magazines and general vendor googling. I then would get a feel for them on their website, inquire about prices if they weren't listed online and narrowed my search down to 3 bakeries. We visited two and have decided which one we're going with based on price, value and customer service.

The first one we visited was Queen of Cakes (Edina, MN) and is the one we're going to book this week. We happened to go on my birthday so it was extra awesome for me! We worked with the owner, Patti, who was super sweet, understanding and generally awesome. She looked at the inspiration pictures that I had, listened to our thoughts and concerns and drew up a sketch for us. Then we got to eat cake! We sampled about 8 different flavors of cake (mmmmmmmmmmm) and about 4 different filling flavors. Our favorite were red velvet, german chocolate, marble and lemon raspberry.

We've decided to go with cupcakes and then a small two-tiered (4' and 6') for the head table. My mom actually came up with a great idea to do a cupcake stand on each table with enough cupcakes for all at the table plus a dome shaped floral arrangement on the top tier of the cupcake/dessert stand! I loved it - so we're going to have to DIY the stands (a three tiered stand like that doesn't exist, apparently) - but that's OK!

The cake at the head table will be very simple, clean and modern with white buttercream, black ribbon along the bases of the tiers and fresh green spider mums as an accent. I love the design - it's so classic and hot.

This picture best showcases the design except they will be round cakes and there won't be the dots on there.


1 comments:

Nicole-Lynn said...

Sounds like you had a good time at your cake tasting! I'm glad it all went well! That lemon rasberry flavor sounds great! :)

Post a Comment

 
Almost Her. Design by Pocket