Save The Dates

12.09.2009

Have I mentioned lately how much FUN being engaged is? :)
But I have to admit...the time suck that is engagement is a true story – totally not mythical…I promise! Nonetheless – here’s a quick update on the wedding!
  • We’ve set the date for May 29, 2010
  • We have a church, a reception site and almost a photographer.
  • We’re having a bridal party of 4 bridesmaids and 4 groomsmen, my daughter (more on this to come) as the flower girl and no ring bearer.
  • We’re having a live band (which I’m SO excited about!)
  • We’re hopefully having a photobooth and a popcorn buffet (which I’m also SO excited about!)
Right now I’m trying to finish up my investigation on florists and bakers as well as start the dress process (mine and bridesmaids). There is plenty of DIY to go around – so it doesn’t hurt to get a head start on any of that, as well.

And for your DIY and paper pleasure…here are our save the dates!

Nick working hard...



Me working...hard?



The Cricut that my FSIL bought us (SO SWEET!) working really hard!



The outside - it's just a two fold card with clear tabs on all three sides keeping it together.



The final product! Nick designed the whole thing (with my help, of course) and I did the rings on the Cricut and we assembled!



Oh - and check out the monogram on the return address label.




I had originally budgeted $150 for 100 STDs...here's how it came out:
  • White cardstock from Archiver's - 50 sheets at $0.49 each during a buy one get one sale = $12.25
  • Green cardstock from Archiver's for embellishment - 20 sheets at $0.49 each during a buy one get one sale = $4.90
  • Address labels from Office Depot - $12
  • Return address labels from Office Depot - $0.67 (they were on clearance!)
  • Tab stickers from Office Depot - $2.99
  • Scrapbooking glue for embellishments from Office Depot - $3.99
  • Cricut machine - Free (gift from FSIL while on super clearance on Black Friday)
  • Printed on home inkjet - Free 
  • Postage - 75 first class stamps (we hand delivered a few to our co-workers, etc) = $33
Total = $69.80

3 comments:

Jen said...

Ohh looking good! I have a cricut but have never put it to real good use - I'm glad you have!

Nicole-Lynn said...

Oh how fun! Your save the date's turned out great! I was just going to comment to see what you've been up to! I bet you're really enjoying getting things moving and how exciting you'll be married this summer! :) Looking forward to hearing more as the time goes on!

Cupcake Wedding said...

You are getting married the week after me!

The cards are lovely. And cheap. My fav.

Post a Comment

 
Almost Her. Design by Pocket