Bachelorette

9.16.2010

I have a confession to make....bachelorette parties aren't really my thing.

Especially after I was already "technically" married - this part wasn't something I was totally looking forward to. Plus - I don't have a lot of girlfriends - more guys. So I knew I wanted to do SOMEthing - but nothing over the top. Luckily, my MOH is the same and understands so it was pretty low key.

The night started by meeting my girlfriends for dinner at a local Italian restaurant downtown. It was fun because it was also prom night for a bunch of local schools - so there were a lot of kids out to eat in their prom dresses/suits which was fun. Especially because my MOH is a high school teacher and saw a bunch of her kids!

We had a lovely dinner and then went back to my MOH's apartment for gifts and games. Nothing too crazy - just the usual. And then we went out for drinks at another local establishment.

I think it's important to have that "one last night out with your girlfriends" but you should always remember that it can be whatever you want it to be. I've been to many different kinds of bachelorettes - it all depends on the Bride's style. And really - the main idea of it for me (along with showers) was to get me out of the house and have fun and get my mind off of all the planning! :)


(friends)

(me and Brittany - getting married next May!)

(the group - two married ladies, MOH, me, and the single gals)

(all personal photos)

1 comments:

Nicole-Lynn said...

Aw you girls look great! I'm so glad you had a fun, relaxing time away from planning and all the stress that ensues! :)

Post a Comment

 
Almost Her. Design by Pocket