Bridal Showers

9.08.2010

I was lucky enough to have 3 bridal showers during our engagement. The first was a casual dinner with the girls from our young adult class at church. It was super sweet of them to do for me and a lot of fun to spend QT with those girls.

Next up - Nick's side of the family threw one for me. His aunts and his sister hosted it and it was nice to have all of the family member from his side together. I was overwhelmed with gifts and we had fun playing games. It's hard to understand how much love is showered on you during this time, but it certainly is fun and humbling and SO nice.

Registering for gifts was kind of tough for us since we weren't sure where we were going to set up home. Nick's apartment lease went through the end of June and we hadn't figured out what we were doing after that. So we made a thorough registry and then did a fun game of exchanging after we ended up moving in August.


(it's not a Meyer funcion without beer!)

(cute "his" and "hers" wall decor)

(nick's grandma and me)

The third and final shower was thrown by my bff/MOH and her mother at her mother's home. This was especially fun since I practically grew up in that home and hadn't been there in so long. Her mother is so classy and a Martha-type mother so it was a lovely shower. They had a friend who is an aspiring floral designer decorate (beautiful!), some ovely Swedish desserts, coffee and fun games. I don't know why I don't have more pictures from this shower - or a group shot :(

The hostesses


(me and my mom)


Lastly, a random Friday afternoon in May, my supervisor and co-worker and I had a scheduled meeting for 3pm. This isn't any of our favorite time in the week to have a meeting, so I thought it was a little weird but showed up anyway. :) When I got to my supervisor's office she handed us both a folder with an agenda which was TOTALLY weird and unlike her. I opened it up and there was a sheet of paper that said "Surprise! Grab your purse because we're going out to celebrate your upcoming wedding!!" It was SUPER sweet and fun of them. (Note that I work in a small office of 7 and we usually leave on Fridays early anyway. So my supervisor and co-worker are the only girls in the office - we didn't invite the boys!) We went out for a little happy hour and they gifted me with some very nice items. So fun!




Being engaged is so much fun! Enjoy it while it lasts, girls! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Almost Her. Design by Pocket