It all started when my very first lock of hair finally grew on top of my head when I turned one year old - one lock of curl. I then grew enough hair to have a perfect head of - what I like to call - "Annie hair." You know - tight curls all in one little round, helmet-like shape on top of my head (that's my least favorite grade school picture - 1st grade). From there on out I had the most tight, spiraly, naturally curly hair that you can imagine. My girlfriends lived to "boing" my perfect curls, it took over 2 hours to "straighten" them (although it was never straight). And I - of course - HATED my curls.
Then I had a baby (another story for another time. just don't worry about it!) and I lost all of my curls. My hair straightens when I blow dry it out - what? A flat iron actually works - huh?! and I can't for the life of me get any curl to happen other than a little one that looks like a minor perm would do or something. and I HATE it. I hate wearing my hair "curly" and I hate how I look with it straight. Not to mention that it's at an ackward not-quite-shoulder length that looks weird (to me!) down and up! OYE!
DB loves when I wear it curly. But it just annoys me. But, it is so much less work.
ANYway - I can't stop thinking about how in the world I will wear it on the big day. Curly? Straight? Up? Down? Half and half? I would like to show some of my natural curl - but I don't trust it to hold up and look normal all day long. But wearing it straight isn't really "me."
Anyone else have ridiculous hair issues like me?!
I love the pretty up-dos like any girly-girl does...


3 comments:
i love up do's like that too. i wish i knew how to do them!
lol goodness. Have you SEEN my hair?? I've haid curly, curly, CURLY hair my whole life. I used to have a hell of a time trying to fix it when I was younger. I think I've got it down though.
When you wear it curly, how do you style it/what product do you use? mine will straighten if I use a flat iron, but I've learned to work with and love my hair, lol, so I NEVER straighten it.
If you think straight hair isn't "you" then don't do it. You want to feel 100% natural on your wedding day, not fake. Have you gone to a hairstylist to let them play with your hair? I bet they could make the curls really bouncy!
I would say an updo is the way to go though, because hairspray can make those curls behave!
Hannah Noel - When I wear it curly I normally either put a little gel in it or a sort of curl serum. My favorite curls are my "second day curls" when all I do is add a little water to "reactivate" them.
Whenever a hairstylist styles my hair with curls it annoys the heck out of me because they end up combing through all of the curls, seperating them all and creating just frizz. I only comb my hair out when I'm wearing it straight - otherwise, if it's curls, I just towel dry and go!
Post a Comment