Personal Designer

3.05.2009

In the last few days I've been reminded of the fact that DB is a graphic designer. I think I forget sometimes!

His current job is at a publishing company that publishes mainly maps and other things for home builders associations. He's on the graphics team and does maps as well as people's ads on the maps/things and designs the covers...oh and he helps out with sales too...and he's the webmaster. I think I focus so much on the fact that mainly it's making maps that I forget that he does really cool cover designs too! He really is a good graphic designer! In fact, he also designed the logo for our drum corps' show this year - cool!

So last weekend I was lamenting about how important and hard it is to pick out a color scheme and mentioned that maybe going to a fabric store for inspiration would help. I'd be able to see the fabrics next to each other and maybe see things more clearly. And he wanted to go with me?!?! so we did - and it WAS helpful! although I still didn't make a decision...it was helpful and I got some swatches. He had mentioned the idea of olive green...which I like. But we both keep coming back to a steel blue type color. Along with ivory. Kind of a victorian feel.

Then - Tuesday night I found a picture of a BM dress that I loved the color of - that blue. And he was like - here, let me play with it. And he imported it into some really techy color scheming thing and came up with all these ideas! I was all "who are you?!"

THEN - last night he didn't want to sit around and I didn't have any errands to run, so he said - let's just go walk around JoAnn Fabrics and see what we see. So we did - and had so much fun looking at all the thousands of projects we can do! And he kept talking about how excited he is to build our wedding website and design the "logo" or main image that we'll use on invites, etc.
AMAZING. I have a built in graphic designer, and that's awesome. Plus it gets him involved and makes him feel important. :) YAY.

I love the idea of a Victorian feel - steel blue...ivory...pearls...candles..a chandalier type image on the paper products? mmm.


Victorian accessories via Etsy's The Storque



Oooh! I don't normally like tiaras...but this is prettttty!

1 comments:

Brandy said...

Lucky! I work with a Graphic Artist and am friends with lots of artsy peeps so I'm going to be pulling in the favors!
It's so nice when the men get involved! We just figured out things last night and NOW he's excited and I'm less stressed!

Post a Comment

 
Almost Her. Design by Pocket