I’ve thought and dreamt of the moment for so long – and when it actually happened I was SO stunned. I’ve been trying so hard every since to just be in the moment and enjoy everything…take it all in and breathe. I don’t want to forget one little second or memory of any of this!
I was at happy hour with a couple girlfriends on Friday and was rushing to DB’s place as to try not to be any more late for our plans to see the St Paul Orchestra that night. I got to his place and he met me at the elevator like he always does. He had kind of let on in the few days previous that he might have the ring in his possession – but I wasn’t completely sure. And although I thought he might propose soon – I certainly didn’t think it would be that night – as we had plans that we were late for! So we got to his apartment and I opened the door only to find the lights dimmed and a huge pumpkin sitting on the table in front of me. The pumpkin had “Will you marry me?” carved into it and I started FREAKING out. I started crying immediately and was all “are you kidding me? What are you doing? is this for real?” and I just started hugging and kissing him. He was all “I haven’t even asked you anything yet!” and I’m like “well, do it!” So he got the ring and got on one knee and the rest is history!
I was so shocked (and glad that he was able to shock me) and happy and everything! It was SO surreal (and super creative!). I called my parents immediately and we sat on the couch to just reveal in everything and take it all in. We decided not to go to the concert because I couldn’t sit still and wanted to call everyone so we went to the local Cheesecake Factory to get some food (and cheesecake!). We relaxed and called our friends and relatives and had so much fun just being together and being excited.
The rest of the weekend flew by with moments of gazing at the ring, discussing how exciting this all is and visiting with friends/family. It was the greatest weekend!
So unreal how it all really unfolds. We were hardly able to sleep Friday night – we both woke up super early so we went to breakfast and continued the celebration. I worked at my retail job a bit on Saturday and then we went out to a super nice dinner that evening. It’s been so fun to just take it all in and enjoy each other.
I’m SOO excited – I’ve just been floating on air and beaming ever since it happened!
We haven’t started to think much about plans…but as you all know – I’ve got plenty of research already done. Hehe. :) We’re hoping for a May/June wedding here in Minneapolis/St Paul – we’ll see what pans out.
Here are some of my fav pics from the little photo session I did with the ring last night - It's so sparkly and beautiful and I can't stop staring at it!!










5 comments:
Yeyyy! So happy for you! You have been so patient and it was worth it! Great proposal.. how funny it tied into my "halloween proposal" post! Enjoy being engaged.. isn't it the greatest feeling??? :)
Oh and silly me, your ring is BEAUTIFUL! Yeyy!
Congratulations, from one newly-engaged gal to another! ;) Isn't it the most exciting thing!?!? Happy planning!
Congrats!!! XD I'm so thrilled for you!!! :D
Congrats! Lovely ring.
Post a Comment