I'm sitting at my desk at work, eating chicken noodle soup and watching the cars try to see where they're going on the entrance ramp right outside my window. it just started snowing 30 minutes ago, and already, I can hardly see the stop light/intersection that's a mere 1/2 block away. We're supposed to get 6-8 inches. Oye. This really disrupts my day in my ways...1. my car is currently sitting in the non-covered part of the parking lot. but I'm too lazy and warm inside to go move it. 2. I have to work at my part time job tonight. So even if i wanted to leave the office early - it does me no good because hell if I want to drive home with this and then drive back to this area for my 2nd job. 3. working tonight (retail at the local mall) is going to blow because it'll be so boring because nobody will be at the mall due to the weather. 4. of course, dealing with driving and the dumb drivers on the road. Needless to say, I'm thrilled.
The interesting thing is - I'm sitting here looking at all my wedding blogs, researching, etc...and I keep thinking. And I want a winter wedding in minnesota WHY!?!?! I've always wanted a winter wedding - that's why! I don't want the Christmas-y kind, just a pretty - fresh snow - white fur wrap - lots of candles - romantic kind. Sure, there are plenty of obstacles...weather, driving, out of town guests, etc, etc...but it's just what I've always wanted.
And it seems pretty possible even now. DB knows this is what I prefer - I've never been the spring/summertime bride type and he also knows that I want the engagement around the 10 month mark. So, say we get engaged in March or April - that puts me right at the winter wedding season! But this...this snow storm...is scaring me!!


0 comments:
Post a Comment